SO, SMALL BUSINESS MANAGER, HOW MANY FIRES DID YOU PUT OUT TODAY?How many do you think could have been avoided?
BAD NEWS FIRST
You are going to keep having fires and struggles because you wear too many hats, you face too many decisions, and most of the time you are not getting the information you need or seeing things the right way. You are falling victim to errors in thinking, both inside you and inside the minds of your employees, customers, and associates. And what’s worse, whether you are still in startup mode or been around awhile, you are only a few bad turns from being out of business or on the brink. Not what you signed up for when you started this endeavor? Probably not.
GOOD NEWS (YES THERE IS SOME)
First of all, you are courageous…you decided to strike it out on your own and make your mark on the world. For that you deserve congratulations. Second, you are here, on our site. Now that isn’t a self-serving statement, rather it means that you are taking the first step in becoming a better decision-maker, and that is admitting that you could use some help. It sounds so basic, but we entrepreneurs tend to be stubborn in our thinking and want to be in total control. But of course we all know that there’s a lot we don’t control, in fact that is at the core of Instinct’s philosophy.
THE BEST NEWS OF ALL
Now you can get high quality advice and guidance, just like those Fortune 500 companies do, but tailored to what you really need, regardless of where you are, and at a cost you can afford.
What you need.
- You need help organizing your efforts
- You need a fresh set of eyes to look at your plans
- You need to figure out what questions to ask
- You need a workplace that functions better
- You need to understand more about what people think
- You need to make the most out of your limited time and money
What you don't need.
- You don’t need to hear a bunch of catchphrases and “consultant speak”
- You don’t need to pay for what an afternoon of Google® searching could tell you
- You don’t need to waste time reading a bunch of reports
- You don’t need a rubber stamp or ego stroke from people you pay for advice
Instinct Gives You What You Need.
Instinct Makes Location Irrelevant
One of the core philosophies of Instinct is that everyone who wants and needs our help should be able to get it. And while we would love to meet everyone in person, that is just not possible. And it’s also not necessary.
Do you think it Is the distance across a table or a continent that matters, or is it the quality of the ideas and relationships built? We argue it’s the latter.
And so we embrace the Internet for what it allows us to do for you. Each client of Instinct gets full access to all of the following as needed:
ONLINE GROUP MEETINGS
NOTE: Instinct isn’t just an online partner. If you have projects that are more suited for onsite visits, we are happy to board a plane or train and work with you face to face. We can discuss that during our free, no-risk initial conversation with you.
“SOUNDS GREAT, BUT I DON’T HAVE THE BUDGET FOR CONSULTANTS!”
That’s good because Instinct isn’t some fast-talking, overpriced consultancy. Instinct is a method of thinking that can be applied to the work you do. It scales with the needs you have. Meaning if you need help with a small issue then you will spend a small amount of money with Instinct. If you have a bigger project or need a longer-term relationship with Instinct, then yes you will spend more money…but it still will be far cry than what you would spend with traditional consultants.
We do this by using what we call Time Buckets. Let’s see how they work:
Examples of work may include website usability reviews, workplace policy reviews, short online workshops, strategy overviews, new hiring planning, data gathering
Examples of work may include new project management processes, new customer service processes, management training, conflict resolution, communication design projects
Examples of work may include new product and service design, ongoing workshops and training, ongoing one-on-one consulting with owners and key personnel.
For simplicity and fairness to all, our Time Buckets are based on time and not money, meaning your hourly rate never changes.
- Small Bucket: Zero – 40 hours
- Big Bucket: 40 – 160 hours
- Custom Bucket: long-term projects and ongoing relationship
YOUR INSTINCT WORKFLOW
STEP 0NE: TALK
- We start with a free, no risk, no commitment conversation…yes we actually will TALK to you…via phone, Google® Hangouts, or Skype®.
- We discuss what it was that lead you to reach out to us, and we spend time getting to know you and your situation
- If we all agree that there’s something we can do for you we move on to Step 2.
STEP TWO: TIME BUCKETS AND WORKSPACES
- Together, we define the scope of the work, goals, metrics of success, and who all will be involved.
- We agree on a Time Bucket so there’s no ambiguity about costs.
- We setup any needed Workspaces and online tools for you and others.
- If it’s your first time working with us, we give you an easy to follow walk through of the process and tools at your disposal.
STEP THREE: START WORKING
- Depending on the project, work may include one-on-one sessions with you, meetings or workshops with your team, and collaborations through our Workspaces.
- We track all time, including planning meetings, Skype® or Google® Hangout sessions, and the work we do on our own.
- You receive time logs and status reports on progress as agreed to during the Time Bucket discussion.